Search The Bloggle

Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

Makura no Danshi Episode 1: The Pillow Boys - Bobble Reviews


This show is four minutes long. You'd think a four-minute show would be pretty superfluous, but there is freaking nothing superfluous about Pillow Boy.

Editor's note: "Makura no Danshi" means "(the) pillow boy(s)."


Now, from the very start of the summer – no, even the week before – I've only had eyes for the Pillow Boys. In fact, Pillow Boy is been the only anime of the season that I've seriously considered worth my time. And it does not disappoint.

Before I start this review, let me set the scene for you a little bit. Not the scene of the show, but the scene of my life. It's been a tough summer. I'd like to hibernate all season, but between writing anime reviews, managing spats with my fellow Beeble Bobble Bloggle Bear Beeble, and hunting for my own food, I don't have all that much time to relax.

So imagine the look on my face when I play the video and this dashing figure appears on my screen:

"Pleased." The answer is "pleased."

Meet Mary, the first vanguard of the Pillow Boy Saga. He's my friend. He knows me and I know him, and his pillow is to him like a blanket to Linus. Honestly, I'd sooner let him crash at my place than Beeble, because I don't know if Beeble always appreciates me the way that Mary does.

Oh, Mary, you deserve a whole hour to yourself.

Beeble Bear doesn't give me massages. Beeble Bear would never offer to massage my butt. In fact, if I ever *alluded* to the very likely possibility that at any time I might want my butt massaged, I bet he would be horrified. Of course, when he asks me, I don't actually let Mary massage my butt. But he's so right. My butt is so stiff.

That's what I keep telling Beeble!

Mary tells me about his day. Mary tells me he misses me. I wonder if Mary has a job. He must be a miracle worker — for no mere show could make me feel the way he does. I think he admires what I do on this blog. I think he'd admire what you do, too. Just sit back with Mary for a few minutes. Admire his curves. Let him admire yours. Let him lull you to sleep in a strange place, for he will do that to you because he is utterly bewitching.

My rating for Pillow Boy is an infinity symbol out of ten.


You are such a charmer, and you have such a way with words. Unlike someone I know. Please replace Beeble

No comments:

Post a Comment