Search The Bloggle

Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Overlord Episode 6: Journey - Bobble Reviews


Mr. Lord Momonga and the guild are traveling. On a quest. Just...traveling. Just........traveling.

Great! Let's meet the creature! Preferably within the episode.

Well, okay, to be fair, it isn't all Momo-chan On The Road. We've got guest stars greeting us from Skeletor's bed!

*vigorous audience applause* *all from me*

And this guy named Demiurge!

*audience coughs*
*applause*
*applause with wild laughter*
*laughter* *whistling* *curtain falls* *credits roll* *overlord was filmed before a live studio audience*

Yeah yeah yeah, back to the real adventure, where the human guild members continue to be very generally jovial and O.K. I have refused to take screenshots of them thus far. Simply refused.


Available wherever idiots are sold!

Momonga's worried because he can't use his magic! Can he fight on the front lines!? Well, rest assured, because even these lame-o human-ass dudes can pull through when faced with today's enemy: CG ugly short dudes! They are certainly not "interesting to meet."




Never mind! Momonga wins at every little thing he does.

Then they talk about things that aren't very important to viewers for a longer time than should be necessary.






*eyes glaze over*

Then they talk about how great Momonga is!

*vomits*

And they do it for so many hours...

*severe nausea and headaches*

...until just when you think they might be able to talk about something without Momonga being present or mentioned...they just have to bring up His Oh Great So Holiness like they're consciously trying to avoid passing some skeleton-related Bechdel Test.

*internal hemorrhaging*

Oh yeah, and the people who first appeared at the end of last episode make their second appearance at the end of this episode. Which is really underwhelming, because that just destroyed ANY excitement I might have had for the medieval fantasy incarnation of Prison School's Hana!

more like a pharmacist with a rare talent for peeing on people *snort huh huh prison school jokes*

I didn't think I'd be saying this, but the problems that grated on me throughout this episode have really been present from the beginning. This is the first episode I've willingly seen this season that compelled me to multi-task as I watched. The fact that I'm being so straightforward about a lot of this should be a sign. A sign, I tell you!

So unless some future episode really blows me away with new heights of comedy and ridiculousness...I'm sorry, Overlord, but you leave me no choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment