Search The Bloggle

Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Makura no Danshi Episode 6: Chuuni Danshi - Bobble Reviews



Finally, the first non-human Pillow Boy.
Okay excitement gone

Makura no Danshi, also known as "Pillow Boy" in certain circles (mine), is often dismissed, decried, criticized. So now let's get the real scoop. Pillow Boy: fujoshi trash, or force for good in a changing world?

If you looked at this young man and said to yourself "gee, that guy's eyepatch looks just like the eyepatch of that one anime character from that one anime with the girl with the eyepatch that looked like that," then you should expand your vocabulary. Also, you should press yourself to recall that said anime with said girl is called Love, Chuunibyou and Other Delusions. It is about people who experience delusions. Like today's disastrously-human Pillow Boy.

Or is he...more than human?




Or maybe less than human, seeing as he apparently plays "got your nose" by squeezing noses to pieces.

"Chuunibyou" literally translates into something like "eighth-grader sickness" and refers to a condition generally translated into English as "delusions of grandeur." See? You're learning. It's not every day that an anime gives you a wonderful learning experience.

ok u have chuunibyou

Once, when I was in Middle School for Bears, I had delusions of grandeur, too. I put on an eyepatch because I was convinced that my eye had special powers that, if unchecked, would send infinite bottles of succulent bear honey to my mother bear's cavern door. I told my friends that my bruises were from gangster bears, when in reality I just fell down the bear stairs a lot. It's a problem when you're young. It's a syndrome when you're an adult.


You thought he was supposed to say "but for now I have you and that's good enough," didn't you?
Well, not today. Today's a learn-out.

So if you believe that your loved ones may have delusions of grandeur, or be at least emo, do not hesitate to show them this episode. It is vital. Show it to them as soon as possible. Get them diagnosed. Even if you have to interfere with their actual checkups to do so.

Today's Pillow Boy wasn't cute; he was a tour de force. I really believe in what he's doing here. Good on you, ChuuniBoy, for I am with you 'til the end.



More like delusions of me not beating you up for that snide remark . . .
R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment