Search The Bloggle

Pages

Monday, September 7, 2015

Makura no Danshi Episode 7: Innocent Danshi - Bobble Reviews


Brace yourselves for a veritable marathon of Pillow Boy reviews! By which I mean I have to catch up on my Pillow Boy action (as well as other shows' action), and my first order of business is finishing up this loose, soft, cuddly end. Look forward to a Pillow Boy review tomorrow and the day after that...and hopefully other anime reviews from Bobble Bear on the side!

So what man are we heavily implied to be sleeping with tonight!?

) :

In case you thought there was much of a grey area:

Just look at him: the essence of attractiveness. The pineapple on his shirt says it all: "WOW!"

In practice, however, this is more like babysitting the bratty neighbor kid (a.k.a. hardly the last thing I want to do before I go to bed). Look at this mess. Kid doesn't wanna go to sleep unless you threaten him!



In fairness, it clearly couldn't be past two.

He wants me to talk to him about this anime or something I don't watch, like Naruto or whatever.



And he wants to subjugate me by forcing me to be the pink ranger
(forgetting that I am of the Bear gender (or he's doing this on purpose, that bigot)).


We're gonna have to fight over who gets to be Beef Tendon Black.

But you know what else?

He reminds me a lot of...me.

For example, this was me once, except with human heads.

We were all stupid dummy kids once. We were all lying around on our granny's porches in the summer, getting babysat by some "nee-nee" we don't hardly know, blabbing to them about stuff that we knew, deep down, nobody even ever even cared about. Except maybe ourselves. Hmph...more like Selfish Danshi.

It's a little hard to watch. Because we all know the babysitter is going to sleep with this kid in the end.


Think faster, kid! Faster!!!!!

But really, what you get, metaphorically, is a union of the childhood and adulthood selves. Like puberty, but less uncertain. It's really deep. It deserves a scientific paper. Think Lolita. No I didn't read that book, but I assume it's got some kind of highbrow analysis of a five-year-old with a pineapple on his shirt making out with some strange lady.

That's my analysis! I hope you leave this episode of Pillow Boy with some intellectual food for thought, and not just some weird smatterings of illegal, potentially-disturbing hijinx.

That's the one thing I don't wanna do!
That's not helping!

No comments:

Post a Comment