Search The Bloggle

Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 1: Witch of Tokyo - Bobble Reviews


The more you throw at me, the...more interested I'll be...?

*twitch*

Okay, so the part at the beginning is in the present, and the stuff in the dramatic rain is in the future. Knowing that saves me a little grief. Let's get on with it. What's the story?

Go on...



Get away from thi

UH...


UMMMM...

WWWHATEVER YOU SAY?????

Behind the spectacle is some rhyme and reason, and it's more basic than it wants to be: superheroes and evil aliens are real and running amok. Our main characters are helping to defend the planet, but not directly as the big-name heroes. They're answering the tougher questions.



Watchmen: solved.

But they will beat up stuff when deemed appropriate.

They don't just protect them — they destroy superhumans, too, even the heroic ones whom they vaguely deem "unstable." I mean...I understand how one could construe that old origin story of an ordinary joe finding a dying alien and merging with it to transform and save the world as resulting in a dangerous lifeform, but they don't spend a long enough time on that thread for me to find it interesting, you get me? So long story short, the big Ultraman expy and his human self are "killed," but are sure to return within a few episodes.

Well, the theme song plays every week...

Meanwhile, in the future, Pink Hair Main Protag Man turns to what looks to Magical Heroine as...the dark side...!! He flies off into the sky with the evil blue black robot alien from this episode! Oh noooooo, but why?? We're gonna find out. After the magical restaurant employee formally joins the Watchmen Watchmen. Aw, snap.

As much as I would like to have been grabbed by this episode and said more and screencapped more, the execution was...it was.....I did not like the execution. I'll just say that. I'll watch more, but...but I'll just say that.

Though I do appreciate the credits' crossover between Shaft, Black Hole Sun, and Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment